Dear SAC Member,
There are just 13 days left
to register early for the 2018 Higg Facility Modules
. Encourage your supply chain partners to register now
to save up to 40% off regular prices.
To further support your Higg Index rollout, we have partnered again with global sustainability consultancy Anthesis to offer you Higg Index Adoption Services
. This year, we are also introducing services to support adoption of Higg Index verification. For more information on new services, pricing, and timelines, read the new brochures.
By October 3
1, all brand and retail members must submit the Higg Brand & Retail Module beta.
Below, you will find more detailed information regarding:
- Higg.org Updates
- Higg FEM Scoring Discrepancies
- Higg Product Module (Higg PM) Vote Result
- Higg BRM Beta Module Submission Instructions
- 2018 Higg Facility Module Trainings
- Ongoing Important Reminders
Sustainable Apparel Coalition Higg.org Updates
To provide you an improved customer experience for the November 8 launch of the 2018 Higg Facility Modules, Higg.org will be unavailable starting today through November 7. Per last week’s update, all 2017 Higg FEM verifications will be done offline during this period and through end of year. Verifiers have received these instructions.
Higg FEM Scoring Discrepancies
- Verifiers are using the single module export feature on the Higg FEM Data portal for conducting verifications and posting verified Higg FEMs.
- Between now and Nov. 7: Verifiers will not complete verified modules on higg.org. Instead, they will send the verified modules via Excel file directly to Sumerra to post verified modules. Sumerra will forward the verified modules directly to the factory contact identified in the Verification Completion Form.
- Beginning Nov. 8: The Excel file with Higg vFEM data can be imported into Higg.org. These files will automatically populate the module (there is no need to manually input data or comments anymore).
The SAC consistently strives to create better Higg Index tools and to offer you the best user experience. Through a recent process of review and updates, we discovered several scoring discrepancies in the 2017 Higg FEM assessment. These errors do not affect your responses in the assessment and do not apply to all facilities. They only affect the scoring for certain sections, as outlined here
These errors are a result of the Higg FEM scores allocated to applicability pathways. Facilities receive scores for questions that apply to their operations; these are then calculated to create a section score, which informs the overall Higg FEM score. Certain errors in how these scores were calculated for the various pathways may have resulted in scoring discrepancies for particular questions or sections.
Please review this outline
to confirm whether these errors apply to your Higg FEM assessment. If your facility identifies scoring errors, please contact our technical support team email@example.com
Please note that all question response data (the actual answers to the module questions) is correct across all exports; this is solely a scoring issue that affects certain modules and specific sections of the module
What you need to know:
- We will deploy an updated version of the Higg FEM Excel export to https://fem2017.higg.org by the end of October that will run the corrected scoring calculations within the Excel file (single module only). Once this updated version of the Excel is ready, we will send an email announcement to all users to notify them that it is available.
- Our tech team will deploy the corrected scoring calculations on the updated Higg.org platform after the November 8 launch and apply this retroactively to all 2017 Higg FEM assessments in the system by the end of November. You will then be able to re-run your bulk exports (csv export) for 2017 data with the corrected scoring.
- To ensure data accuracy and to not misrepresent facility module performance, we will postpone deploying 2017 Higg FEM benchmarking until scoring is updated in the updated Higg.org platform. We anticipate releasing benchmarking in December.
Our technology team is committed to thoroughly testing scoring before 2018 module scoring launches to ensure these issues are resolved quickly. Thank you for your patience and your understanding as we implement these updates and ensure robust benchmarking. Higg Product Module (Higg PM) Vote Result
Thank you for your participation and feedback in the Higg Product Module Vote! On behalf of the Footprint Task Team, we are pleased to announce the vote passed, and we will move forward with the development of the Higg Product Module (Higg PM).
- By the end of 2018, the SAC will finalize technology requirements, tool design, an updated Excel prototype, and formal methodology documentation.
- In 2019, the new Product Advisory Council (PAC) will focus on engaging external stakeholder reviews, improving data quality, obtaining supporting primary data submissions from manufacturers, product life-cycle management (PLM) integration, verification, and development of communication toolkits towards transparency. Technology development of the tool will begin in early 2019 with the goal of a Q3 release.
The SAC would like to specially thank the Footprint Task Team for all its hard work over the past two years in creating this methodology. This “yes” vote is a result of the dedication, time, and expertise each person on the team has contributed. We will keep you updated on the progress of Higg PM development. Learn more on SAC Connect
. Submit the Higg BRM Beta by October 31
SAC member brands and retailers must submit completed Higg BRM beta modules by next Wednesday, October 31
as part of current member adoption requirements. Please submit your modules here
and please share your feedback through the feedback tracker
and the survey
. Important Update:
Feedback on scoring is now welcome! We will send the scored version of the Higg BRM beta via email to all beta testers today. This email will contain instructions to import your completed unscored beta into the scored version, so you do not have to re-enter information. We are extending the deadline for feedback on SCORING ONLY
to November 16
.2018 Higg Facility Module Trainings
This month, we have hosted a series of webinars about what to expect from the 2018 Higg Facility Modules cycle. Listen to the recordings here
. Join our other upcoming online trainings about what to expect for the launch of the Higg Facility Modules on November 8. During these webinars, you will learn about updates to Higg.org, how to set up accounts, and 2018 content changes. These trainings are for SAC members only. We will post recordings for non-member Higg Index customers on HowtoHigg.org.Intro to Higg.org: What to Expect for Launch & DemoTime:
Oct 31, 2018 7:30 PM PThttps://zoom.us/webinar/ register/WN_ 8WXmjGqiQraxIzu8uRNu_AIntro to Higg.org: What to Expect for Launch & DemoTime:
Nov 1, 2018 8:00 AM PThttps://zoom.us/webinar/ register/WN_ g5IZDYCkQTqpzIc1RVpI6A Higg.org Platform Trainings for All Higg Index Customers (Including Non-Members)
Throughout November and December, the SAC will host webinars for all Higg Index customers. You and your supply chain partners are invited to attend these public webinars about the Higg.org platform. Register now.Higg.org Training Webinar: Nov. 13, 2018Time:
8:00 PM PThttps://zoom.us/webinar/ register/WN_ 0EnvwStwQkGuuH60RAzBrAHigg.org Training Webinar: Nov. 14, 2018Time:
8:30 AM PThttps://zoom.us/webinar/ register/WN_ 87E2WBFMQVm08y2IQ04cGAHigg.org Training Webinar: Dec. 4, 2018Time:
8:00 PM PThttps://zoom.us/webinar/ register/WN_ tvTNHXI3QoiiSsNURjL4SwHigg.org Training Webinar: Dec. 5, 2018Time:
8:30 AM PThttps://zoom.us/webinar/ register/WN_ k4VaYqMUQymzJeNLEtp--w Member Collaboration: Regional Higg Index Trainings
Many of you have expressed interest in collaborating with other SAC members to host and sponsor regional trainings about the Higg Facility Modules
for your value chain partners. We would like to support this effort by identifying and connecting organizations interested in hosting trainings in the same regions.
Please complete this survey
by Friday, October 31 to indicate your interest in regional trainings. We will synthesize the information members submit about their training plans and post it on SAC connect. You can then collaborate with others with similar plans. (We will send a second survey before the end of the year for members who are unsure of their training plans at this time.)IMPORTANT REMINDERS2018 Higg Facility Modules
Early registration for 2018 Higg Facility Modules closes November 7. Register now
and encourage your value chain partners to register to receive a 40% discount during the early registration window. Visit the new community on SAC Connect
with resources about the 2018 Higg Facility Modules. Register for trainings, explore the library, and participate in discussions with fellow members. Your value chain partners can access Higg Facility Module resources through HowtoHigg.org
. 2017 Higg FEM Verification
Through December 31, factories can verify 2017 Higg FEM self-assessments. Learn more
.Share Your Higg Index StoryTake a short survey
about the 2017 Higg FEM. Share your Higg Index story with the SAC. This is a great opportunity to be featured on the SAC website and social media channels! Higg Brand & Retail Module
Brand & retail members must submit a completed Higg BRM by October 31.
Share your comments
by October 31, too. Contact firstname.lastname@example.org
for more information. EVENTSFuture of Design Workshop
Join us for The Future of Design Workshop
in New York City on Friday, November 9. We will introduce apparel, footwear and textile design and production teams to the SAC, the full suite of Higg Index tools and how to apply the Higg Product Tools to their work.